Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by TechniciuM <a1...@rppkn.com> on 2012/03/06 20:03:09 UTC

Tapestry Forums

Is there any tapestry related forum on the web, similar to tapestryforums.com
that once was very active?

Re: Tapestry Forums

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 13:39:40 -0300, Taha Hafeez Siddiqi
<ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was looking at the hits my blog is getting these days and on an
> average there are about 150 hits/day although I have not been blogging
> much. Also tapestry is being used across the world, see the post.
>
> http://tawus.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/tapestry-conquering-the-world/

Nice! But wait, no one from Greenland? :P

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Tapestry Forums

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
I was looking at the hits my blog is getting these days and on an average there are about 150 hits/day although I have not been blogging much. Also tapestry is being used across the world, see the post.

http://tawus.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/tapestry-conquering-the-world/

regards
Taha

Re: Tapestry Forums

Posted by Dragan Sahpaski <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM, TechniciuM <a1...@rppkn.com> wrote:

> @Alex,
> well currently my university which attends more than 1000 students has
> focus
> on Tapestry5.3., and strictly speaking we study only that framework in the
> web programming.

Which university? Just curious.

> Aside from it, I know one state university in Skopje which
> has similar program and is home to near 1500 students.

Coming from that university ( guess it's http://www.finki.ukim.mk/) I'm
curious to know how did you found about this. Tapestry is not studied
officially in a course but we have several projects in tapestry involving
student work.

Cheers,
Dragan Sahpaski

Re: Tapestry Forums

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.
Wow!!

Are your lecture notes written in tapestry?  That would be a very cool well informed lecturer/tutor.

I have a lot of to-dos but not much time or money :(
Anyone students that want to build a project for experience :)
Open source interfacing to telephone systems...

Cheers
Chris

Re: Tapestry Forums

Re: Tapestry Forums

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 16:03:09 -0300, TechniciuM <a1...@rppkn.com> wrote:

> Is there any tapestry related forum on the web, similar to
> tapestryforums.com that once was very active?

No. This mailing list is best place for discussing Tapestry. Of course,
you can discuss it in other places too, but here is where most people hang
out. :)

Why you're asking this? Just curious. :)

Re: Tapestry Forums

Posted by Paul Stanton <pa...@mapshed.com.au>.
T,

Try stackoverflow. Aside from here, it is the best place to have
questions answered.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/tapestry

Re: Tapestry Forums

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.
Technicium,
   I'm just curious - how did you conclude that the tapestry community is
growing very rapidly ?

Cheers,

Alex K

Re: Tapestry Forums

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.

Re: Tapestry Forums

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tapestry Forums

Re: Tapestry Forums

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.
How many weeks of the course are there to go?

The problem with putting up some forums is that everything gets done on the mailing list.
It looks like tapestryforums.com has been hit by spam.
If you do a whois search you can try contacting the person responsible and see if they'd be willing to sort it out.

If there are 1000 students doing a course on tapestry and there's a need for a forum, maybe it's something the ASF and your educational institution can start talking perhaps
*shrug*

Good luck with it!
Chris

Re: Tapestry Forums