Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mike George <mi...@comcast.net> on 2004/02/18 02:33:06 UTC

[net] Unit and functional tests

Hello,

	As part of project for a college class I'm taking, I am writing a series of
unit tests and functional tests for two of the components of the Commons Net
project.  I intend to submit any tests I write to Bugzilla.  Hopefully
someone will have the time to review them and submit them if they are
acceptable.

Question:
1. I would like to work on tests for the POP3 and SMTP components but I do
not want to duplicate someone else's work.  Is anyone working on tests for
these components?

2. Assuming that I do work on these components, should I use RFC 821 (SMTP)
and RFC 1939 (POP3) as guidelines?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: [net] Unit and functional tests (resend)

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.
On Wednesday 26 May 2004 5:48 am, Mike George wrote:
> Thanks.  I think my ISP strips the .java files.  I attached them as
> *.java.txt this time.  If they get stripped, I will add them to Bugzilla.
>
> Mike
Putting them in bugzilla is better even if your ISP doesn't strip them.

[net] Unit and functional tests (resend)

Posted by Mike George <mi...@comcast.net>.

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.

Posted by Mike George <mi...@comcast.net>.
Hello,

	Attached please find 5 java source files designed to
test the classes in the package org.apache.commons.net.pop3
package.

that suggested that it would be good to be able to run the tests

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.

> Hello, As part of project for a college class I'm taking, I am
> writing a series of unit tests and functional tests for two of the
> components of the Commons Net project.  I intend to submit any tests
> I write to Bugzilla.  Hopefully someone will have the time to review
> them and submit them if they are acceptable.

Welcome.  The commons/net project could use some functional tests.
I'd prefer that you post the code on the -dev list and not in
bugzilla.  Save that for bugs.  ( that is of course only *my* opinion
).

> Question: 1. I would like to work on tests for the POP3 and SMTP
> components but I do not want to duplicate someone else's work.  Is
> anyone working on tests for these components?

Not that I know of, have at it!