Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Sergio Traldi <Se...@lnl.infn.it> on 2005/09/26 16:53:00 UTC

Chainsaw Error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi all,
I'm using the chainsaw v2 from the website launched with the Java Web
Start

(http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/webstart/chainsaw/chainsawWebStart.jnlp).

I sent to chainsaw about 6.000.000 of log messages, and I saw the
chainsaw received well until 5.600.000 messages. After that number it
seems chainsaw is stuck, and then a java error of
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError appears.
Is there a parameter to set to avoid this problem?

If I press the trash button in chainsaw visualization every n (n <
5.000.000) messages all works fine.
Is there a way to delete automatically the messages every a fixed number
of arrived messages (for example 2.000.000)?

cheers
Sergio