Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by daccman <du...@hotmail.com> on 2003/07/09 04:00:32 UTC

Thanks Steve James is RUNNNING........

Thanks Steve, I did look at the service I had running i already had IIS
uninstalled from my machine so I new it might have been something else i was
missing. I found that another useless mail program I installed had been
running a service I stopped it and disabled the startup for it and rebooted
my machine. Once rebooted I ran the James run.bat file and it then did what
it was suppose to do. But I did however answer my own question, Yes the
config.xml will only show up after you have completed the first run of James
successfuly. Maybe they could change that in future versions. That seems
very confusing to me. If you are having problems to look for this file that
is not even there until you have a succesful install. hopefully they can
change that. I do realize however, it is part of the Phoenix Avalon code so
it may not be adaptable, but just a suggestion.

Any ways thanks again for all your help. By the way how do you shut down the
james server safely. I know apache has a windows binary file for shutdown
now, but is it the same with James? If anyone could answer this question
please do.

Thanks again I do have James Running Now.
Ken Foster
Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Can you just do:

/my/james/bin/phoenix.sh -start

/my/james/bin/phoenix.sh -stop

Are there any problems starting James this way?

-Rob

p.s. my first message sent through James to the outside world! :)

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.

Posted by daccman <du...@hotmail.com>.