Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2010/08/23 14:59:16 UTC

New CouchDB: The Definitive Guide website launched

Hey,

We launched the new CouchDB: The Definitive Guide website today:

	http://guide.couchdb.org/

This marks a full update of the content to match what is in the published book, as well as a secondary draft version which we will continue updating until we make a second release. You will notice too that we have put all of the code on Github. If you'd like to start a translation effort, please follow the instructions listed on the site.

If you fancy a bit of fun, view source on any of the chapter pages:

	http://guide.couchdb.org/editions/1/en/why.html

Re: New CouchDB: The Definitive Guide website launched

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 24 Aug 2010, at 15:05, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 24 Aug 2010, at 09:57, David Goodenough wrote:
>
>> I don't know if it is related, but in the Books page the Definititive Guide
>> link now gets a page not found error.  Perhaps it should be replaced with
>> a link to guide.couchdb.org.
>
> Good call. Putting a fix in as we speak.

This should be all fixed now. All old URLs should redirect to their new counterpart.

All 404s go to http://guide.couchdb.org.

If you see any issues with old or new URLs, please let us know through http://github.com/oreilly/couchdb-guide/issues/issue/285

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Cheers
Jan

Re: New CouchDB: The Definitive Guide website launched

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Goodenough <da...@linkchoose.co.uk>.
On Monday 23 August 2010, Noah Slater wrote:
> Hey,
>
> We launched the new CouchDB: The Definitive Guide website today:
>
> 	http://guide.couchdb.org/
>
> This marks a full update of the content to match what is in the published
> book, as well as a secondary draft version which we will continue
updating
> until we make a second release. You will notice too that we have put all
> of the code on Github. If you'd like to start a translation effort, please
> follow the instructions listed on the site.
>
> If you fancy a bit of fun, view source on any of the chapter pages:
>
> 	http://guide.couchdb.org/editions/1/en/why.html

I don't know if it is related, but in the Books page the Definititive Guide
link now gets a page not found error.  Perhaps it should be replaced with
a link to guide.couchdb.org.

David

Re: New CouchDB: The Definitive Guide website launched

Posted by Tyler Gillies <ty...@pdxbrain.com>.
YAY!

--
PdxBrain <http://www.pdxbrain.com> - I provide Elegant Web Hosting and
Domain Registration! <http://hosting.pdxbrain.com>

Ask me anything <http://tumble.pdxbrain.com/ask>!

Re: New CouchDB: The Definitive Guide website launched

Posted by Kenny Shen <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Victor Stan <vi...@gmail.com>.
Congrats, looking good!