Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mike Chan <yt...@aajc.hku.hk> on 2000/01/21 11:19:15 UTC

XSP and DCP

Hi All,

when should we should DCP instead of XSP (or vice versa)?

Many Thanks!

Mike

Re: XSP and DCP

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Mike Chan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> when should we should DCP instead of XSP (or vice versa)?

Honest? never. :)

We are planning to remove DCP and forget about it.

DCP is a nice approach but it lacks so many features that we decided not
to "evolve" it into something complete, but to "revolutionize" it into
something completly new.

Ricardo and I totally knew that since the beginning. DCP never wanted to
replace XSP, but wanted to allow users to do some dynamic content
generation _now_ instead of waiting for somebody to implement an XSP
engine.

Ricardo is the dynamic XML content guru around here, no doubt about
that. So, if he agrees with me that DCP should be removed, we'll leave
it in next versions until people get a hold on XSP, putting warning
labels all over telling people that DCP will go away.

What do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.