Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Zapo <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/10 02:36:39 UTC

Parsing and Storing in Map

Hi All,

I read through the numerous post and example, before asking for help in the
forum. Many where very helpful, however I still need some help on this topic

1. Parse and XML using cursor                             ---> this is fine
2. Store the element name and value in Map object ---> Help?

My XML is below
----------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Testcases xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="AddCustomer.xsd">
   <Testcase>
    <Security>https</Security>
    <Server>staging</Server>
  </Testcase>
  <Testcase>
    <Security>https</Security>
    <Server>baijing</Server>
  </Testcase>
</Testcases>

1. I need to iterate through <TestCase> and store <Security> and <Server> in
a Map.

Since there are many nodes <Testcase> , what is the approach I should use?

I am thinking of using cursors, but how to navigate and get the element name
and value and move on to the next testcase, should I have a Map<Map>? I need
to get values for every test case node.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Zapo

Re: Parsing and Storing in Map

Posted by Zapo <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks J,

I did in the following way and it did not gave any issues, not sure it this
was correct

I used the inst2xsd tool -
inst2xsd AddCustomer.xml never -design ss -verbose -validate

(I thought validate should validate the schema againsts the xml)

Anyway thanks for the tip, it worked, I didnlt realize the basics.

Appreciate your help.

Regards
Sunder

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hey Zapo,

Posted by Zapo <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Jacaob,
 Here is my schema

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
What does this section of your schema look like? I'm wondering if this is a

Posted by Zapo <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Jacob,

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hey Zapo,