Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Donal Shanahan <do...@aib.ie> on 2004/02/20 12:16:50 UTC

proxy question?

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the wonders of Maven and 'am currently looking to
see how we can leverage the power of Maevn for building and deploying
our Enterprise applications. One of the things I noticed is the ability
to have multiple remote repositories using the coma-separated list in
the property *maven.repo.remote. *This is good as we can specify ibiblio
as the fisrt repository and other internal HTTP servers for internally
deployed Jars. However, this leads to a problem since our HTTP servers
are behind a firewall and do not require proxy athentication, while
access to the ibilio Jars must go through the proxy server. At the
moment it appears that specification of *maven.proxy.username *and
*maven.proxy.password* results in an all on nothing switch on/off of
proxy authentication. which means that you either get your internal Jars
or the ibiblio ones, but not both. Is there a way, as there is with
ant's *get  *function, to specify a list of *nonproxyhosts* so that
proxy authentication is bypassed for certain hosts?

Thanks,

Donal