Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Quang Cường Vũ <vu...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/12 04:20:29 UTC

Some question about Apache Stratos

Hi team. :)

I have some question about Apache Stratos

AFIK, I can create custom cartrigde and deploy my application to Cartridge.
I am .Net programmer and I wonder: Could I create Windows cartridge with
Asp.net, SQL server, IIS installed? Could I remote desktop to Windows VM
instance and deploy my Asp.net application? Deploy an applicaiton must be
via Git?

Could I remote desktop to instance like a VMWare instance?

Could I use ssh client connect to instance and deploy application instead
of using Git?

*Some questions relevant building and deploy multi-tenancy application?*

[image: Multi-tenancy models]

I want to build a private cloud: IaaS (OpenStack) and PaaS( Apache Stratos)
and SaaS( may be some existing application or new brand application)

I wonder:

1.      When deploy application follow model 1, this is not real
muti-tenancy, each tenant’s application will be deployed to one instance
(single-tenant or multi-tenant cartridge) or multiple tenant will be
deployed to one instance( single-tenant or multi-tenant cartridge) like IIS
webserver, Apache can host multiple websites). And service provider can
meter for each tenant?

2.      When deploy application according to model 2 and 3:

a.       Application must be deployed on multi-tenant cartridge? What are
roles of multi-tenant cartridge? When builing application follow model 3,
what developer will take care?

b.      Model 3, Apache Stratos will auto scaling for application?
Thank you very much :)

--

*V  u    Q u a n g   C u o n g *

*Software developer and Trainer*