Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Sameera Jayaratna <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 20:00:46 UTC

Integrating OGC"s WPS capabilities with Apache Airavata

*

Hi,
*
*

>From our research for the past few months we have gathered some ideas about
implementing our project idea, integrating OGC’s WPS capabilities with
Apache Airavata. We have written a short report including our findings and
our proposed solutions. These ideas are still at a very abstract level. We
are hoping to improve them with feedback and suggestions.

Also we would appreciate suggestions of any different approaches other than
the ones mentioned in the document.

Our report is shared
here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P4C0YG6X6AgiXRTha3P2SXfMkiaXrNJzGG_aOgaNf78/edit#>
.*
*
*
*Thank you,*
*Sameera.*
--
*Sameera Jayaratna*
*Undergraduate*

Re: Integrating OGC"s WPS capabilities with Apache Airavata

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Very nice objective. The first section clearly explains what you are doing and introduces the airavata and WPS.

This time, I skipped reminder of the report. Please let us know if you need any specific feedback.

Good work,
Suresh

Posted by Nipuni Perera <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Sounds good.

Posted by Sameera Jayaratna <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Sameera et al,

[1] - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P4C0YG6X6AgiXRTha3P2SXfMkiaXrNJzGG_aOgaNf78/edit#heading=h.1w0yws22gxmm

Re: Student Projects

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
You now have write access.

Suresh

Re: Student Projects

Posted by Sanjaya Medonsa <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

Re: Student Projects

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Re: Student Projects

Posted by Sanjaya Medonsa <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

Re: Student Projects

Posted by Nipuni Perera <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Nipuni Piyabasi Perera
Undergraduate

Re: Student Projects

Posted by Nipuni Perera <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Nipuni Piyabasi Perera
Undergraduate

Student Projects

Posted by Harsha Kumara <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Chris and Martin for pointing out the value of a SIS in
geoscience domain. Now we have able to create workflows of WPS processes
using PyWPS tool after doing some changes in PyWPS WSDL generation. So now
moving forward and we will definitely integrate the capabilities of SIS to
our project. We have finish our main research recently and now
analyzing through some potential architectures of the system.

Thanks,
Harsha

--
*Harsha Kumara*

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr>.
Hello Amila

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Amila,

We don't have WFS, WMS and WPS right now b/c that's not the
focus of those working on SIS right now -- those folks like
Martin D, Joe W, and Adam E and others are trying to lay the
ground work for Features/Coverage, Metadata, import/export, NetCDF,
etc.

However if you guys are going to implement some of these capabilities
and do so in Airavata as Workflows, my point is, why not implement
them in SIS as a core spatial library and then make Airavata depend
on it? SIS is definitely a more natural home for geospatial code
since that is its core focus.

Either way the decision is up to you guys -- I'm simply suggesting.
At the end of the day it's up to those doing the work -- aka you :)

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist

Posted by AMILA RANATUNGA <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Integrating OGC"s WPS capabilities with Apache Airavata

Posted by Harsha Kumara <ha...@gmail.com>.