Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2006/08/17 06:18:29 UTC

[intent] Retiring Alexandria

I think that the Incubator has the right concept/label in retiring
projects, so I plan to create a link on the right hand side of the Jakarta
site called Retired Projects and to create a retired page that contains
links to the Alexandria site and the java.apache.org site.

If anyone feels -1-like, then go for it else I'll do it on Friday evening.

Hen

Re: [intent] Retiring Alexandria

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
+1..
Although completely zapping Alexendria references, is also fine by me :)

Mvgr,
Martin

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
+1.

Yoav

[site] more cleanup Re: [intent] Retiring Alexandria

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Retired projects page added.

Next I plan to kill:

idedevelopers.html. According to google this is linked from two places, an
email from Leo in Feb 2003 and the FOP website. I'll inform the
xmlgraphics guys that they should drop the link. We don't link to it
anymore and the information shows its age.

jars.html. Linked just from an email in 2002 and from the source.html page
(which makes you wonder as Google only notices the first). It's wrong
nowadays and replaced by Cliff's legal stuff - so I plan to remove it and
take the link out of source.html. I don't think it's a big enough deal to
warrant a redirect.

micromail.html. Linked from
http://jamod.sourceforge.net/mailing_lists.html and from our own mail
page. Another one that I don't think is worth existing or a redirect -
I'll inform the jamod people that the page has gone.

JSPA stuff - will ping Geir about moving this stuff over to the JCP side
of things. There are some pdfs and a couple of html pages.

Will do this stuff on Monday night, which should give people time to yell
at me before then :)

Hen