Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2014/10/01 16:20:42 UTC

Re: android app crashes, performing async tasks before loadUrl

The ask had come up by someone, but I can't find the email now.

My thinking at the time was that if you've customized the native code, then
that's a bit going outside of our "we promise to not change a thing" zone.
And if you were savvy enough to modify your Activity.java, then you'd be
able to keep up with these kinds of changes.

Is it that all worklight clients are broken by this? Or are there just some
that have customized?

That said, I think your suggested fix is a great idea. It'll ease the
upgrade and add the option for customizing prefs. Let's update the default
template to call the override though.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 7:20 AM, Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> wrote:

> The ask had come up by someone, but I can't find the email now.
>
> My thinking at the time was that if you've customized the native code, then
> that's a bit going outside of our "we promise to not change a thing" zone.
> And if you were savvy enough to modify your Activity.java, then you'd be
> able to keep up with these kinds of changes.

I disagree.  There's many users who just embed Cordova who may have been
bitten by this.

> Is it that all worklight clients are broken by this? Or are there just some
> that have customized?

This broke a few of the tests as well.  I think that could be the first
sign that it would have broken these users.

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7681 .