Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/23 22:54:23 UTC

[math] Removal of deprecated classes / methods

Hi,

I have already started to remove deprecated classes / methods in the 4.0
branch, but there are still some to be removed.

The remaining ones are non-trivial and I would like to ask the developer
with the most experience in the respective packages to take a look and
do the changes.

It is mainly about the following packages and their sub-packages:

 * optimization
 * analysis

The deprecation in FastFourierTransformer seems to have been planned to
be moved to a separate class, but there is no further documentation in
the respective ticket (MATH-736), so I would leave it untouched for the
moment.

Thanks,

Thomas

Re: [math] Removal of deprecated classes / methods

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 22:54:23 +0100, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have already started to remove deprecated classes / methods in the
> 4.0
> branch, but there are still some to be removed.
>
> The remaining ones are non-trivial and I would like to ask the
> developer
> with the most experience in the respective packages to take a look
> and
> do the changes.
>
> It is mainly about the following packages and their sub-packages:
>
>  * optimization

"optimization" is completely outdated and was replaced with "optim".
It can be removed entirely.

"optim" however contains deprecated classes that were never recoded
into an (agreed on) fluent API replacement (based on the work done
by Evan Ward on the "least-squares" optimizers).

Gilles