Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Tsuyoshi Ito <ts...@trialox.org> on 2011/03/22 17:31:13 UTC

Website Apache Clerezza

Hi

I have added/updated the text of the following pages:

http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/index.html
http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/getting-started.html
http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/architecture.html
http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/downloads.html

Notice:
-  Content from architecture.html is taken from a scientific report
written by hasan. Some sections may be obsolete or have to be updated.
- There is also an draft FAQ template
(http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/faq.html).

The content is available in issue CLEREZZA-448.

Cheers
Tsuy

Re: Website Apache Clerezza

Posted by Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org>.
"use cases" and "powered by" pages are indeed very interesting suggestions.
assuming clerezza - after some times (hopefully not taking years) - is
widely used to build semantic web applications and services, those use cases
would flow into "powered by" real cases.
At that time, use cases either stay as potential solutions based on clerezza
or they have been realized.
I support Marco's suggestions to sketch a few use cases and in particular
showing why clerezza is very much suitable, but also be honest to tell its
limitations (and if possible some plans to solve them).

Having said that, I wonder who would like to help writing such texts. I
think we can begin with some simple text skeleton for each use case
description in the use cases page(s).
Suggestion:

USE CASE 1: <Title>
Key Problems: xxx
Solving Them In Clerezza Way: xxx
Limitations: xxx

cheers,

Hasan

Re: Website Apache Clerezza

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

RE: Website Apache Clerezza

Re: Website Apache Clerezza

Posted by Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>.
On 23 Mar 2011, at 09:03, Tsuyoshi Ito wrote:

> Hi
>
> thanks for the feedback. I will update the page according to your inputs.
>
> I suggest to restructure the getting-stared section as follows:
>
> getting-stared is an overview. first-time user can find inks that
> might help to start more quicky:
>
> - Downloads (I suggest to link to the repo until a release is done)
> - Build Clerezza by yourself
> - Launching Clerezza
> - Clerezza Console
> - Clerezza Documentation => link to
> http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/documentation/
> - Clerezza Tutorials (How to create a bundle in java using apache
> clerezza archetype, create bundle using clerezza console and
> bundledevtools etc...)
> - Link to Feliix => OSGi tutorial - Go to the tutorial page to learn
> some OSGi basics.
> - Link to Felix => OSGi FAQ - Check out the OSGi FAQ for answers to
> common questions.
>
> Is there something else?

yes. As it stands people will be impressed by the number of acronyms and cool technologies
used. But they will wonder: what for?

So what we need is a section that describes the Social Web use case:

  - WebID authentication
  - friending remote users
  - inviting remote users to be friends (working on this)
  - blogging on the social web (to be done)

For all of those I will need input on how to make those Clerezza components (currently in the account control panel) look good. At present they make a proof of concept, but they still are one big rough edge.

When that is done it should be an important part of the documentation, as it will answer the question: why use this and not some other tool?

	Henry

> CHeers
> tsuy
>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
> <re...@trialox.org> wrote:
>> It does look nice!
>>
>> Just a few remarks:
>>
>> - The documentation on the instances which is also available on
>> http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/documentation/ shold be linked and
>> styled, even if we keep most pages static this one shouldn't be as we
>> otherwise duplicate work
>> - keep the uris cool by not having .html in them, i.e. for static files
>> create an index file i the respective folder
>> - we should write an easier getting started (using downloaded version and
>> bundledevtools) and have a seprate page on how to compile, the instruction
>> on installing bundles are outdated
>> - where to things like the howto on using the shell go to?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> reto
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>
>> wrote:
>>> Looks very very nice!
>>>
>>> I have not checked the detailed content yet, but it feels like a serious
>> project. :-)
>>>
>>> I think it is worth having a link from the default http://clerezza.org/page to it,
>>> at the very least.
>>>
>>>        Henry

>>> Social Web Architect
>>> http://bblfish.net/

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/

Re: Website Apache Clerezza

Posted by Tsuyoshi Ito <ts...@trialox.org>.
Hi

Re: Website Apache Clerezza

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
It does look nice!

Re: Website Apache Clerezza

Posted by Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>.
Looks very very nice!

I have not checked the detailed content yet, but it feels like a serious project. :-)

I think it is worth having a link from the default http://clerezza.org/ page to it,
at the very least.

	Henry

On 22 Mar 2011, at 17:31, Tsuyoshi Ito wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have added/updated the text of the following pages:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/index.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/getting-started.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/architecture.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/downloads.html
>
> Notice:
> -  Content from architecture.html is taken from a scientific report
> written by hasan. Some sections may be obsolete or have to be updated.
> - There is also an draft FAQ template
> (http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/faq.html).
>
> The content is available in issue CLEREZZA-448.
>
> Cheers
> Tsuy

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/