Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Foreman, Alex (IT)" <Al...@morganstanley.com> on 2007/09/11 10:43:19 UTC

Central version numbering.

Consider this:

Artifact A relies on Artifact C, but does not expose it as a transient
dependency.

Artifact B relies on Artifact B and also Artifact C.

Now we have a situation where A and B rely on a certain version of
Artifact C.

If in the future there is a new version of Artifact C which we wish to
use we have to change the version number in A and B.  Is there a way
that we can somehow have one change point so that the version number we
wish to use is automatically picked up?

The way we are considering atm is to have a separate ivy file with
Artifact C revision ="default"

And the default value will have the specific revision as a dependanciy
inside that.  Or even a symlink to the correct ivy file.

Is there any better way to get this behaviour?

Many thanks,
Alex