Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "John C. Turnbull" <oz...@ozemail.com.au> on 2008/08/08 11:16:29 UTC

More text rendering issues

With Batik 1.7 it seems that the textRendering property is not always
honoured by the SVG.  Sometimes the rendering of the text appears to
completely ignore this directive.

Why is it that this property is only honoured sometimes and what's the trick
to getting it to be honoured all the time?

Thanks,

-JCT

RE: More text rendering issues

Posted by "John C. Turnbull" <oz...@ozemail.com.au>.
How embarrassing.

Sorry for the noise.

-JCT

Posted by "John C. Turnbull" <oz...@ozemail.com.au>.

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
> With Batik 1.7 it seems that the textRendering property is not always
> honoured by the SVG.  Sometimes the rendering of the text appears to
> completely ignore this directive.
>
> Why is it that this property is only honoured sometimes and what's the trick
> to getting it to be honoured all the time?

Sometimes? Seems a potential issue to me (whether in your code or
within the framework). Can you attach a reduce test case [1] (SVG file
and/or Java source code, attached and note pasted if possible) and
provide additional information [2] (how to reproduce the "works" and
"doesn't work" symptoms, for example) so one can provide better
feedback?

Regards,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://webkit.org/quality/reduction.html
[2] http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

Re: More text rendering issues

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi John,

"John C. Turnbull" <oz...@ozemail.com.au> wrote on 08/08/2008 05:16:29
AM:

> With Batik 1.7 it seems that the textRendering property is not
> always honoured by the SVG.  Sometimes the rendering of the text
> appears to completely ignore this directive.
>
> Why is it that this property is only honoured sometimes and what’s
> the trick to getting it to be honoured all the time?

   Can you give an example.  I think it should always be honored.
There is some overlap in the hints set for text-rendering and
shape-rendering which might cause some trouble depending on how
they are set.