Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <se...@atosorigin.com> on 2004/05/25 16:55:46 UTC

RE: Deprecation of setTime()

[This is really a JMeter Development question, so replying there.]

One reason for doing this was to centralise all the time handling in one
place.
So if there was a more accurate timer available, this could be used instead
of the default system timer.

It also means that samplers did not have to do the time calculations, and it
made it easy to switch between using initial and final time-stamps.

There are no plans to remove the method.

S.