Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mohan gupta <mo...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/30 16:33:15 UTC

[users@httpd] problem with cgi functionality

hello everyone,
i am very new to apache and tried using it ,but my problem is

i have cgi script written in c++ which outputs a perfect xhtml code
and i also output the content type declaration at the start i.e before
"<?xml ........" through my program but when this script is fetched by
the browser as a result of an action it displays the exact xhtml code
without actually formating it (i mean it shows all tags also like "<?
xml ...." etc) and yes the line content-type:text/html is not
displayed .
what is going wrong ,i tried a lot but couldn't find any solution to
this .
i use apache on fedora core8 .
thank you
Mohan gupta

Re: [users@httpd] problem with cgi functionality

Posted by Nilesh Govindrajan <li...@itech7.com>.
On Tuesday 30 September 2008 08:03:15 pm Mohan gupta wrote:
> hello everyone,
> i am very new to apache and tried using it ,but my problem is
>
> i have cgi script written in c++ which outputs a perfect xhtml code
> and i also output the content type declaration at the start i.e before
> "<?xml ........" through my program but when this script is fetched by
> the browser as a result of an action it displays the exact xhtml code
> without actually formating it (i mean it shows all tags also like "<?
> xml ...." etc) and yes the line content-type:text/html is not
> displayed .
> what is going wrong ,i tried a lot but couldn't find any solution to
> this .
> i use apache on fedora core8 .
> thank you
> Mohan gupta

there is some problem with the content-type declaration as when I tried it
with a C program, i wrote Content-Type: text/html in the first printf
statement.

further statements were treated as html by the browser i.e. bold appeared
bold.

try with a HTML program instead of XHTML one.