Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mehul Sanghvi <me...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/08 06:43:11 UTC

debugging maven-deploy-plugin:deploy-file

I have a project with multiple modules and sub-modules.   Two of the
modules, use
the same maven-deploy-plugin:deploy-file logic, just the artefacts they are
working
with are different.  One module uploads designated JARs to Nexus.  The
other is
meant for uploading ZIP files.  Both are activated only if their respective
profiles
are activated, -Pupload-jars and -Pupload-zips respectively.  Both modules
share the same settings.xml information regarding repositories and servers.

Upload-jars is able to successfully upload the JARs using deploy-file.
Upload-zips always fails with:

    Return code is: 401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized

How do I figure out the credentials that are being used ?  When I use

    mvn -X

I do not see anything that would indicate what user/passwd combination is
being used.   Any thoughts or suggestions ?

cheers,

      mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com

Re: debugging maven-deploy-plugin:deploy-file

Posted by Mehul Sanghvi <me...@gmail.com>.
I was able to resolve it, after doing a more thorough comparison of the
help:effective-settings output. I had to clean out
all the noise in the output first.  After that I used Emacs and Ediff to do
the diff between the two log outputs I had.  That's when the following was
noticed:

Working POM:    distributionManagement/repository/id = blah-blah-snapshotS

Failing POM:      distributionManagement/repository/id = blah-blah-snapshot

It helped to look at it in different colours with Emacs/ediff.

On a slightly different note, is there a way to get help:effective-settings
to only output the effective pom to a log file, rather than using shell
re-direct or tee  which will capture all the noise as well ?

cheers,

      mehul

Posted by Mehul Sanghvi <me...@gmail.com>.

AW: debugging maven-deploy-plugin:deploy-file

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Mehul Sanghvi <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Mehul Sanghvi <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrien Rivard <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mehul Sanghvi <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Adrien Rivard <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If it is effectively using the same configuration, the problem could be on
the nexus level (users / permission).
Try uploading it directly from the nexus GUI.

That said I don't recall anything that would prevent iploading zip and not
jars so your problem can still be on maven level.

Can you try without profiles for example ? (avoid profile if it possible).

Also Nexus logs can have useful informations if you have access to them.