Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by amerigo5 <am...@hotmail.com> on 2006/08/08 23:16:17 UTC

JMX MBeans not working?

Using the default activemq.xml file on nightly snapshot(8-7-2006) , the
MBeans/JMX doesn't work.  I also tried removing the comment on
"managementContext".  I got the same behavior.

Executing "bstat" gives me the error below:
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute query task. Reason:
java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested
exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]

Thanks.

Re: JMX MBeans not working?

Posted by amerigo5 <am...@hotmail.com>.
I tried connecting to it both locally and remotely.

If I set "useMBeanServer=false" in "managementContext", I am able to execute
"bstat" successfully.  However, I cannot access it remotely using jconsole.

Thanks.

Re: JMX MBeans not working?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
How were you trying to connect?

Incidentally I think we should make the activemq script setup a
default remotely accessible JMX server on a given port unless a user
explicitly disables it so we have a standard URL folks can use to
connect remotely.

On 8/8/06, amerigo5 <am...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Using the default activemq.xml file on nightly snapshot(8-7-2006) , the
> MBeans/JMX doesn't work.  I also tried removing the comment on
> "managementContext".  I got the same behavior.
>
> Executing "bstat" gives me the error below:
> ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute query task. Reason:
> java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
> javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
> java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested
> exception is:
>         java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
>
> Thanks.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/