Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Guoliang Cao <ca...@ispsoft.com> on 2000/11/20 21:31:13 UTC

a quick question.

Hi,

In a XSL transformation session,  if I can use its previous xsl output
as the input. Just like:

<xsl:template name="my_template">
<A>1</A>
<A>2</A>
<A>3</A>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:call-template name="my_template"/>
<xsl:for-each select="A">
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

If impossible,  how about Xalan Java extensions? Can I use a Java method
to do the job and operate on its return node?

Any comments are welcome!

Guoliang

Re: a quick question.

Posted by Katrin Yngve <ka...@inventa.se>.
Hi, you could make two transformations and use the output from the first as
the input for the second, or you could use a java extension to get the
desired output. There might be an easier way to solve it though. What
exactly is it you want to do in the XSL? Do you really have to generate the
<A></A> structure first to solve your problem?

Katrin