Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Seaman, Sloan" <Sl...@ptilabs.com> on 2004/08/05 15:37:25 UTC

Struts 1.2 Validation error

I've just upgraded to Struts 1.2.1 and I'm getting an error when I have the
tag:
staticJavascript="false"/>

This worked fine under 1.1 but now I get:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.struts.validator.Resources.getMessage(Resources.java:173)
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.JavascriptValidatorTag.createDynamicJavascript
(JavascriptValidatorTag.java:464)
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.JavascriptValidatorTag.renderJavascript(Javasc
riptValidatorTag.java:373)
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.JavascriptValidatorTag.doStartTag(JavascriptVa
lidatorTag.java:335)
	at
org.apache.jsp.index_005fbody_jsp._jspx_meth_html_javascript_0(index_005fbod
y_jsp.java:105)
	at
org.apache.jsp.index_005fbody_jsp._jspService(index_005fbody_jsp.java:71)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	....... Etc

So my first thought is that it can't find my ApplicationResources.properties
file, but it could under 1.1

I've got the form-bean defined, and the form validation defined, so that
isn't it.

If I remove the tag, it works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also,  in 1.2's validator-rules.xml the default error messages in the
comments section is missing errors.url.  Just an FYI.

--
Sloan