Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Luiz Gustavo <lu...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/29 04:06:00 UTC

Old Action.perform() signature in examples

Hi!

I have an observation to do about documentation.
There are examples that still uses the Action.perform() signature:

In the Actions Example:

private Action addSymbolAction = new Action(false) {
    @Override
    @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
    public void perform() {
    }
};

In the MenuBar Example:

        Action.getNamedActions().put("fileOpen", new Action() {
            @Override
            public void perform() {
                fileBrowserSheet.open(window);
            }
        });

        Action.getNamedActions().put("cut", new Action(false) {
            @Override
            public void perform() {
                TextInput textInput =
(TextInput)window.getFocusDescendant();
                textInput.cut();
            }
        });

But in the API, this method requires a Component parameter.

Cheers!

Luiz Gustavo S. de Souza

http://luizgustavoss.wordpress.com
http://luizgustavoss.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lugustso

Re: Old Action.perform() signature in examples

Posted by Luiz Gustavo <lu...@gmail.com>.
No problems!
I introduced the parameter and everything's allright =)
I just sended it to the list because I thought that it'd be possible (or
worth) to update the examples in the tutorials.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Posted by Luiz Gustavo <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,

I'm using pivot 1.5.2 and the signature of Action.perform()  requires that
parameter.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.