Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Garey Mills <gm...@library.berkeley.edu> on 2007/09/20 23:41:09 UTC

General features question - HTML content from WebDav?

Hellp -

    We are looking at Lenya for our website. We have an active community
that contributes to a large website. Some would be able to switch easily
to input via one of the supported editors, but others in the community
are committed to DreamWeaver and uploading the resulting HTML (possibly
XHTML, but we're not sure) via WebDav. Will Lenya adapt to that type of
input, that is, can we take advantage of workflow and metadata aspects
for WebDav-uploaded file?

Thanks for any help;

Garey Mills

Re: General features question - HTML content from WebDav?

Posted by Daniel Brüßler <in...@danielbruessler.de>.
Hello Garey,

in general see
http://lenya.apache.org/docs/modules/webdav/index.html

but use Lenya 1.2, because 2.0 has still some problems.

To integrate webdav you can see how bitflux is integrated
http://lenya.apache.org/docs/1_2_x/components/editors/bxe.html#The+open+step

but you should have someone who has enough practice in this, because
it's hard. I couldn't do it, I think.

kind regards
Daniel

Posted by Garey Mills <gm...@library.berkeley.edu>.
Michael -

    Where can I find out more?

Garey Mills

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Garey Mills wrote:

> Hellp -
>
>    We are looking at Lenya for our website. We have an active
> community that contributes to a large website. Some would be able to
> switch easily to input via one of the supported editors, but others in
> the community are committed to DreamWeaver and uploading the resulting
> HTML (possibly XHTML, but we're not sure) via WebDav. Will Lenya adapt
> to that type of input, that is, can we take advantage of workflow and
> metadata aspects for WebDav-uploaded file?

basically yes. Doug Chestnut from Virginia University implemented
something like this, but I am not sure if it is still working.

Cheers

Michael

> Thanks for any help;
>
> Garey Mills

Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: General features question - HTML content from WebDav?

Posted by Garey Mills <gm...@library.berkeley.edu>.
Seth -

    Thanks for the reply. We use Java and XML here, so the language is a
consideration.

Garey