Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/10/29 16:13:45 UTC

chunking

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but...
I just started using tomcat 4.0.1 (from 3.1) and I noticed
a change in http chunking.  In my serlvet I set the
http header "transfer-encoding" to "chunked" and
then I would have to chunk the data myself ( like other
web servers I'm using include web sphere).  Now however,
in 4.0.1 tomcat seems to be chunking the data for me, so
it gets chunked twice.  My question is, should it be doing
that?  And is there anyway to turn it off.
thanks,
-Dug

RE: javax.servlet does not exist

Posted by Vara Prashanth <pr...@yahoo.com>.
You will need to download the Java Servlet specification from eithe sun.
Here's the link.
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

I guess you know what to do next:)
Best
Prashanth

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Rob Thies wrote:

> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:30:00 -0500 (EST)
> From: Rob Thies <th...@mika.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: javax.servlet does not exist
>
> I'm sure this is a really trivial question and I feel dumb for having to
> ask.  But, I'm getting javax.servlet does not exist and javax.servlet.http
> does not exist.  Where do I get them?
> -Rob

I assume you're talking about when you compile your servlet classes,
right?

The simplest thing to do is include the "servlet.jar" file included with
Tomcat on your CLASSPATH at compile time.  If you're using Ant to build
your webapps, and following the Application Developer's Guide document
that comes with Tomcat 4, you generally don't have to worry about stuff
like this because Ant takes care of it for you.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/appdev/

Craig McClanahan

javax.servlet does not exist

Re: chunking

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Chunking is a standard feature of the HTTP/1.1 connector that is used by
default in Tomcat 4.  To turn it off, you can set the "allowChunking"
attribute on the <Connector> element to false.

For more info, see the Server Configuration docs included with Tomcat, or
look online at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/http11.html

Craig