Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <ma...@vertigs.lv> on 2015/07/03 16:21:17 UTC

Basic networking issue

Hello,

I test right now infrastructure with base network setup. I faced issue,
if I deploy instance, I am able manually add more public IP's. For
example, I deploy VM, though DHCP I acquire IP, and I can manually add
alias IP addresses without problems and CloudStack still think that I
use only one IP. If IP address is acquired and other user boot VM can be
situation when new VM can't get public IP. Am I doing something wrong or
is this kind of security "hole" in Basic Networking?

Thanks.

Re: Basic networking issue

Posted by Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <ma...@vertigs.lv>.
Hello,

Main issue is when any user in basic networking zone can use any IP from
zone's subnet, without any isolation and CS wouldn't know that.

Re: Basic networking issue

Posted by Sanjeev N <sa...@apache.org>.

Re: Basic networking issue

Posted by Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <ma...@vertigs.lv>.