Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Pandamonium <fa...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/31 13:32:49 UTC

Failover for STOMP C Clients

Hello, I am trying to use the failover mechanism over a C Stomp client. I
understand that clients usually have the feature to establish a connection
to a working broker by sensing the connection status and switching to
another whenever one closes, with something like

failover:(tcp://primary:61616,tcp://secondary:61616)?randomize=false

is this achievable in C/STOMP in a similar way? I have read the STOMP guide,
but there are no clear reference to the implementation of this particular
feature and on the use of this particular string.
are there some references and/or examples I can read to give me a proper
idea on how it works? Or has it to be implemented natively simply knowing
the brokers addresses statically(and what about the dynamic discover)? I am
a little bit confused here.

Re: Failover for STOMP C Clients

Posted by Pandamonium <fa...@gmail.com>.
The library I am using is this one: https://github.com/evgenido/stomp, from
which I made a very thin client.

The library doesn't seem to be using any feature for failover, so I guess
I'll have to implement it natively.

Still, advices on alternatives are very welcome!

Re: Failover for STOMP C Clients

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 05/31/2016 09:32 AM, Pandamonium wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to use the failover mechanism over a C Stomp client. I
> understand that clients usually have the feature to establish a connection
> to a working broker by sensing the connection status and switching to
> another whenever one closes, with something like
>
> failover:(tcp://primary:61616,tcp://secondary:61616)?randomize=false
>
> is this achievable in C/STOMP in a similar way? I have read the STOMP guide,
> but there are no clear reference to the implementation of this particular
> feature and on the use of this particular string.
> are there some references and/or examples I can read to give me a proper
> idea on how it works? Or has it to be implemented natively simply knowing
> the brokers addresses statically(and what about the dynamic discover)? I am
> a little bit confused here.

Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/