Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Mullin <mu...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/09/18 21:56:24 UTC

Too many problems. Need help.

I just installed Tomcat 5.5.17 onto my IBM mainframe system, running
operating system z/OS 1.7.  I'm getting numerous problems with JCL that I
obtained from JZOS which is purported to start tomcat, but I am getting
numerous failures that I would appreciate some help on.

The first is:
.
.
.
Sep 18, 2006 7:12:56 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester
endElement
SEVERE: End event threw exception
.
<much java stack tracing stuff.
.
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Servlet mapping specifies
an Caused by  unknown servlet name CompressionFilterTestServlet

I don't have a clue what this is talking about.

The next error is:

SEVERE: Parse error in application web.xml file at
jndi:/localhost/jsp-examplesWEB-INF/web.xml

Now jsp-examples cam with tomcat, so I would expect it to not have any
problems. But the above error would seem to indicate a parsing error of
the xml file itself.

The next error is:
SEVERE: Occurred at line 561 column 23
Not sure what file it is talking about here.  It's not clear from the
surround log messages.

Perhaps it would be best to send whoever out there who is interested in
helping me the complete log file with all of the run time messages from
tomcat.

.
.
.

Kevin Mullin
Sr. Analyst
IBM Corporation
(206) 345-7068
mullink@us.ibm.com

Re: Too many problems. Need help.

Posted by Steve R Burrus <bu...@swbell.net>.
Kevin you need to submit please your Deployment Descrtiptor file, i.e.,
the web.xml, for the I assume a servlet kind of a web application! Yeah
you are  right about the server error msg., it never indicates exactly
which line in that file has a problem in it.