Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2006/10/13 02:56:41 UTC

rm multiple locks

Is there an easy way to remove multiple locks in a repo? I have about
100 bad locks to get rid of. The svnbook hints at piping the output of
lslocls, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: rm multiple locks

Posted by Troy Curtis Jr <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 10/12/06, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:

> Is there an easy way to remove multiple locks in a repo? I have about 100
> bad locks to get rid of. The svnbook hints at piping the output of lslocls,
> but I haven't been able to figure it out.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

I believe this should do the trick:
svnadmin lslocks $repo | xargs svnadmin rmlocks $repo

or

svnadmin rmlocks $repo $(svnadmin lslocks $repo)

or even

for lockpath in $(svnadmin lslocks $repo)
do
svnadmin rmlocks $repo $lockpath
done

One or all of those is bound to work.

Troy

--
"Beware of spyware. If you can, use the Firefox browser." - USA Today
Download now at http://getfirefox.com

Re: rm multiple locks

Posted by Troy Curtis Jr <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 10/12/06, Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com> wrote:
> Brian E. Fox wrote:
> > Is there an easy way to remove multiple locks in a repo? I have about
> > 100 bad locks to get rid of. The svnbook hints at piping the output of
> > lslocls, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
>
> I would simply make a command line loop.
>
>   for f in $(svn status | awk '$1=="K"{print$NF}'); do svn unlock $f; done
>
> Bob

But then you have to have a working copy and to catch (possibly) all
the locks you would need a working copy of the root directory!  Of
course if you don't have direct access to the repo, then you would
have to do it that way...but in that case you might want to include
the '--force' option, as he does mention that they are "bad" locks.

Troy

Re: rm multiple locks

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.