Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Larry Meadors <La...@plumcreek.com> on 2004/09/10 14:29:42 UTC

Unable to deploy typemapping?

Total newbie here, I will confess that up front.

I am trying to deploy a java-based webservice on axis 1.1, but appear to
have something wrong somewhere.

When I run the admin client, I get this message:

==
Processing file
C:\java\projects\netbeans\mwtvipdao\src\com\dynix\www\schema\book\deploy.wsdd
Exception:: java.lang.NullPointerException
==

Not too helpfull, that one. But in the catalina logs, I see this:

==
- Unable to deploy typemapping: {GetBookInfoByISBN}BookInfoResponseType
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mwt.bean.BookInfoResponseType
(then comes a 50-60 line stack trace)
==

That leads me to think that axis is looking somewhere for the
BookInfoResponseType class and not finding it.

But where? In the war file that I am using for the webservice, there is
a jar in WEB-INF/lib with the BookInfoResponseType class in it.

I googled some, but did not see anything that looked similar (well,
there was one, but it did not ever get answered...).

This is tomcat 5.0.27 on jdk5 with axis 1.1 running on it.

Any hints where I should look for this?

Larry