Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org> on 2012/01/31 01:51:50 UTC

HCat security design

Hi devs,

We have been spending some time to figure out how to approach security
related issues in Hcat/Hive + HBase and Hdfs. There has already been great
work, but there is still some issues to be done. I created a wiki page at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HCATALOG/Hcat+Security+Designwhich
contains a base for further discussion. All feedback, suggestions are
more than welcome.

Umbrella jira is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HCATALOG-244.

Thanks,
Enis

Re: HCat security design

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I though you were referring to the commands at the background section.
Anyway, I've added 'RW' there.

Thanks,
Enis

Re: HCat security design