Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jmh <je...@nrb.be> on 2012/03/07 23:33:19 UTC

Suspend route; what about the current exchange

Hello,

suppose I suspend a route starting with a jms consumer.

My question : is the current exchange also stopped/suspended or is still
processed until it reaches gracefully the end of the route ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Re: Suspend route; what about the current exchange

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM, jmh <je...@nrb.be> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>

> suppose I suspend a route starting with a jms consumer
> At the same time, I already have 3 messages on the queue on which the
> consumer is listening.
>
> What's happening  when the route is suspended ?
>
> These 3 messages stay on the queue until the route is resumed ?

Yes they will stay on the queue if the queue is persisted.

> Regards
> J-M

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Suspend route; what about the current exchange

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:33 PM, jmh <je...@nrb.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> suppose I suspend a route starting with a jms consumer.
>
> My question : is the current exchange also stopped/suspended or is still
> processed until it reaches gracefully the end of the route ?

When suspending its the intake of *new* messages that gets suspended.
Current in-flight messages is still being processed.

> Thanks for your help
>
> Regards

Claus Ibsen