Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Burak ISIKLI <bu...@yahoo.com> on 2010/08/13 12:28:21 UTC

Hbase architecture

Hi;
I want to learn the hbase background architecture. Can u suggest an article or
something like that?
thanks
regards...

Re: Hbase architecture

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

You may already know about this:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HBase/HBasePresentations

Many good things have been said in various presentations.  Dont forget
the list archives, lots of good, but unstructured data.

The bigtable paper has tons of subtle hints, read it several times.
Lots of dense but hidden data.

I can give you pithy quotes:
- optimize for your read pattern
- dont use explicit row locks
- more rows is better, since puts lock rows
- more region is better to spread load across
- use modern hardware and lots of ram

-ryan

Re: Hbase architecture

Posted by Burak ISIKLI <bu...@yahoo.com>.