Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2013/12/03 07:22:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.10

Hey Everyone,

There have been lots of improvements and bug fixes that have went into
branch-0.23 since the 0.23.9 release.  We think its time to do a 0.23.10
so I have created a release candidate (rc0) for a Hadoop-0.23.10 release.

The RC is available at:
http://people.apache.org/~tgraves/hadoop-0.23.10-rc0/

The RC Tag in svn is here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.23.10-rc0/

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days
til December 9th.

I am +1 (binding).

thanks,
Tom Graves

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.10

Posted by Chen He <ai...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

-source successfully build under Fedora 17
-deployed source build to single-node cluster
-verified by running some example jobs
- file a minor non-blocking bug HADOOP-10148

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified bits and ran sample jobs. Thanks for driving this Thomas.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.10

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.
With 6 +1's (4 binding, 2 non-binding) the vote passes.  I'll publish this
today.

Tom

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.10

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.10

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.10

Posted by Mit Desai <mi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Environment: Fedora17, protobuf 2.4.1, JDK 1.7.0_45

-successful built from source
-successful native build
-deployed source build to my single-node cluster and ran multiple
instances of wordcount
-verified signature and digests

- M!T

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.