Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org> on 2022/12/16 18:59:58 UTC

Re: Oak Jenkins build takes up too many resources

The situation is still pretty bad. Right now Oak jobs take up roughly 300 jobs of total 450 in the queue. We should ASAP switch to incremental builds (i.e. only trigger builds for modules which really have changed) and no longer trigger 100s of build jobs in parallel for a single branch!

@Marcel: Are you still looking into optimizations?

Re: Oak Jenkins build takes up too many resources

Posted by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org>.
Maybe adding some logic to only build modified modules helps like outlined in https://github.com/mrguamos/jenkins-pipeline-maven-multi-module/blob/master/Jenkinsfile <https://github.com/mrguamos/jenkins-pipeline-maven-multi-module/blob/master/Jenkinsfile>.
Hard though to figure out transitive dependencies with that.

Another approach is the new https://maven.apache.org/extensions/maven-build-cache-extension/ <https://maven.apache.org/extensions/maven-build-cache-extension/> (see also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEQG4CNFMFE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEQG4CNFMFE>) which should also gain quite some improvements (I don’t have any experience though with it).

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
On 16.12.22, 20:01, "Konrad Windszus" <kw...@apache.org> wrote:
> @Marcel: Are you still looking into optimizations?

No, I’m not.