Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it> on 2022/04/02 12:07:03 UTC

"New commiter first steps" wiki page proposal

Hello devs,

I hope you're all doing well.

Few days ago me and Nicola became committers of this project and we are
really happy to be part of it.

We read the wiki pages related to committers Roles And Responsibilities and
we started to set up all things to be ready to work with GitHub repos: in
this process we struggled for couple of days before everything was
correctly set up and gain the rights to push into the repos, because the
various steps wasn't so clear, at least for us (create a github account,
then go back to your apache account and put in it the GitHub username to
link both together to correctly use GitBox,...).

We noted down the various actions taken to be fully ready to work with
online repository and we thought that, writing a specific wiki page that
describes the very first steps to perform after a contributor becomes a new
committer, could be helpful to future new committers to get easily involved
in the project.

We could take this task and write it.

What do you think about this?

Thank you in advance for your feedback and suggestions,

Giulio

--
Giulio Speri

*Mp Styl**e Srl*
via Antonio Meucci, 37
41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
T 059/684916
M 347/0965506

www.mpstyle.it

Re: "New commiter first steps" wiki page proposal

Posted by Gil Portenseigne <gi...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Giulio,

I just went through the page, it's nice and clear !

Thanks

Gil

Posted by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it>.
Hello Devs,

I hope you are all doing well!
I finally had some time to write a little guide regarding the steps to

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
That's indeed a good idea.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <ta...@pythys.com.INVALID>.
Hello Guilio,