Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by osbald <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/14 16:40:44 UTC

Can I supress the default published artefact

Is there a way to say this module doesn't produce any artefacts.. or am I
coming at this all wrong? I've been creating a few ivy configs to describe
some of the 3rd party projects I'm using. Much like the dual resolver
example I've got an jung-2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT.xml file:

<ivy-module version="1.4">
    <info module="jung"
          status="integration"
          revision="2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT"/>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency name="jung-api" rev="2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT"
            changing="true"/>
        <dependency name="jung-algorithms" rev="2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT"
            changing="true"/>
        <dependency name="jung-graph-impl" rev="2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT"
            changing="true"/>
        <dependency name="jung-io" rev="2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT"
            changing="true"/>
        <dependency name="jung-visualization" rev="2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT"
            changing="true"/>
        <dependency name="collections-generic" rev="4.01"/>
        <dependency name="colt" rev="1.2.0"/>
        <dependency name="concurrent" rev="1.3.4"/>
    </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

But when resolve runs it's looking for an implicit
jung-2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT.jar which doesn't exist. Technically this project
doesn't have a single main jar resource. Can I say don't produce any
artefacts (I'm just only describing dependencies here) Or should I just
nominate one of the jars (the api one?) as the product? i.e. rename to
jung-api, jung-api-2.0-alpha3-SNAPSHOT.xml and remove its dependency?

Re: Can I supress the default published artefact

Posted by osbald <ro...@hotmail.com>.

Sorry, I tried the build from my home machine overnight and it worked fine -
guess I'm still having problems with Ivy caches. Must remember to clean out
all of my caches after I make changes to configurations files. Did think it
was odd that <publications/> didnt work; while pretending jung-api was the
published artefact did. Guess it had more to do with the new jung-api-ivy
configuration file needed in the second case (not cached).

I also tried making the several jung-xxx artefacts publications rather than
dependencies. Although that just leads me to a point where they can't be
found later on ~ I guess because they don't get published anywhere as
they're not really products of my build - just copies of prebuilt libraries.

Thanks

- Richard

Re: Can I supress the default published artefact

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
Normaly not...
- Did you have some special settings ?
- Did you played with special configurations
- How did you declare the dependency ?

By the way, I didn't see mention of the organisation of your module in the
ivy.xml that you gave.  Maybe the dependecy is not found, (but then I didn't
explain how adding an <artifacts/> change something.)

Gilles

2008/1/14, osbald <ro...@hotmail.com>:

> > Just put an empty <publications/> tag.
>
> Thanks. But that didn't quite do what I'd expected - my module that
> depends
> on this one doesn't see any
> of the declared dependencies now. Must you create an artefact for the
> dependencies to be included?
>
> - Richard

Gilles Scokart

RE: Can I supress the default published artefact

Posted by osbald <ro...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.