Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org> on 2022/02/05 16:55:26 UTC

Re: AWS S3 bucket backup issue

I have faced similar questions to get it working. I have first opened an issue on the solr-operator https://github.com/apache/solr-operator/issues/404 and then was able to replicate the issue on my laptop, so came to the conclusion the issue was at solr level, and not solr-operator.

Without Sergio reply, I would not have been able to make sense of the parameters and get is working. Thx!

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
> I wonder if I have to recreate the collection with the same number of shards... ?

If the collection is not of the same shape as the backup, I receive an exception, which is kind of logical `Unable to restoring since number of shards in backup and specified collection does not match, numShardsOfBackup:3 numShardsOfCollection:5`

> I want to determine if this is actually a bug before we release 9.0

It is at least a need to better documentation. Later, I think something could be done to ensure the parameters are better used, e.g. for now I have to say `location=s3:/` which is not great.

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
I've opened a PR to make the documentation much clearer for this:

https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/652

Please leave any notes if you think it can be improved!

- Houston

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Conrad <mi...@newsrx.com>.