Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2007/01/24 01:57:30 UTC

Re: svn commit: r499122 - /ofbiz/trunk/applications/content/src/org/ofbiz/content/email/EmailWorker.java

Hi Si,

Please revert this change, but limit the size to 16. Currently the last
character if the attachment filename is cut of.

lateron the filename is used in the contentname and concatenated with the
number of the attachment and the attachment filename.

see statement:
commEventMap.put("contentName", subject + "-" + attachmentCount + " " +
attFileName);

regards,
Hans

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 03:31, sichen@apache.org wrote:
> Author: sichen
> Date: Tue Jan 23 12:31:25 2007
> New Revision: 499122

> Log:
> Removing some code which must have been committed accidentally as part of
> some NPE fixes.  These always truncated the file name of attachments down
> to the first 17 characters, when in fact the field can take up to 100.  Let
> me know if this code was actually intentional
>
> Modified:
>
> ofbiz/trunk/applications/content/src/org/ofbiz/content/email/EmailWorker.ja
>va
>
> Modified:
> ofbiz/trunk/applications/content/src/org/ofbiz/content/email/EmailWorker.ja
>va URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/trunk/applications/content/src/org/ofbiz
>/content/email/EmailWorker.java?view=diff&rev=499122&r1=499121&r2=499122
>=== ---
> ofbiz/trunk/applications/content/src/org/ofbiz/content/email/EmailWorker.ja
>va (original) +++
> ofbiz/trunk/applications/content/src/org/ofbiz/content/email/EmailWorker.ja
>va Tue Jan 23 12:31:25 2007 @@ -91,9 +91,6 @@
>      							) )
>      			{
>      				String attFileName = part.getFileName();
> -    				if (attFileName != null && attFileName.length() > 17) {
> -    					attFileName = attFileName.substring(0,17);
> -    				}
>      				commEventMap.put("contentName", attFileName);
>      				commEventMap.put("drMimeTypeId", thisContentType);
>      				if (thisContentType.startsWith("text")) {

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

Re: svn commit: r499122 - /ofbiz/trunk/applications/content/src/org/ofbiz/content/email/EmailWorker.java

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi David,

In the content manager it is important to know where the content came from
(email subject and number of attachment) and to keep the original filename
and filename extension.

regards,
Hans

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.