Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <jc...@babelobjects.com> on 2003/12/08 15:35:13 UTC

XUpdate

Hi,
xupdate actions fail.

I read on cocoon archives that there was a pb with Xalan.

Is it fixed ?

Is there anybody that uses Xupdate with success ?
How ?

Thanks for the help

--

Jean-Christophe Kermagoret
jck@BabelObjects.Com

Re: XUpdate

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jean-Christophe Kermagoret wrote:
> Xupdate works very fine, that's true. When used with Xindice, everything
> is ok.
> But used with cocoon, I have a Compilation error. Maybe because of
> namespaces that are lost...

I compiled it (recent CVS version) on top of Cocoon 2.1.2 and didn't
have any problems compiling it.

> What are your patch and workarounds ?

Lexus has some issues re removing and updating mixed content.
So, I fixed the removing issue and made a workaround re updating, which
means I replaced updating by inserting as sibling and removing the
original (inserting didn't have a problem re mixed content).

You will find all the sources within Lenya:
cocoon-lenya/lib/xmldb-xupdate-2003-10-14.jar resp.
xmldb-common-2003-09-02.jar

Checkout the libaries from xmldb and copy the Lenya libraries into the
xmldb CVS version then you will see the diffs.

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner