Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2017/02/09 17:10:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] Some licensing issues to resolve before the next release

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3658 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3659 for the full details.

The summary is that I noticed two dependencies that we're including (one
direct, one transitive) that are disallowed.

The direct dependency (org.json:json by phoenix-flume) is technically
"ok" but only until 2017/04/30 when the grace-period expires.
Essentially, we've used up half of the time allotted to fix this one
already ;)

The latter is one that we inherited from HBase. We can address it by
bumping the 1.1 and 1.2 hbase version -- but I'd be interested in
hearing if others have opinions on whether we do that or try to
surgically remove the dependency from our bundling.

- Josh

Re: [DISCUSS] Some licensing issues to resolve before the next release

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks for chiming in, Andrew. Detecting that regression is what I was
most worried about ;)

Need to find that terminal window I had open to run the tests...

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
Teller (via Peter Watts)

Re: [DISCUSS] Some licensing issues to resolve before the next release

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Mahonin <jm...@gmail.com>.