Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Pogs <bl...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/15 16:16:56 UTC

AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Please advice on what to with the following error.

Thanks,
Jeff

Complete Stacktrace:

INFO  QueryLogger: Created connection pool: jdbc:derby:testdb;create=true
    Driver class: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
    Min. connections in the pool: 1
    Max. connections in the pool: 1
INFO  QueryLogger: Opening connection: jdbc:derby:testdb;create=true
    Login: null
    Password: *******
INFO  QueryLogger: +++ Connecting: SUCCESS.
INFO  QueryLogger: Detected and installed adapter: org.objectstyle.cayenne.dba.derby.DerbyAdapter
INFO  QueryLogger: SELECT NEXT_ID FROM AUTO_PK_SUPPORT WHERE TABLE_NAME = ? FOR UPDATE [bind: 'ARTIST']
INFO  QueryLogger: --- transaction started.
INFO  QueryLogger: Opening connection: jdbc:derby:testdb;create=true
    Login: null
    Password: *******
INFO  QueryLogger: +++ Connecting: SUCCESS.
Exception in thread "main" org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: [v.1.2.1 August 30 2006] Commit Exception
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.flushToParent(DataContext.java:1289)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.commitChanges(DataContext.java:1165)
    at src.cayenne.tutorial.Main.main(Main.java:30)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Table/View 'AUTO_PK_SUPPORT' does not exist.
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement20.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement30.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.newEmbedPreparedStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.conn.ConnectionWrapper.prepareStatement(ConnectionWrapper.java:325)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.conn.ConnectionWrapper.prepareStatement(ConnectionWrapper.java:331)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.TransactionConnectionDecorator.prepareStatement(TransactionConnectionDecorator.java:196)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.dba.derby.DerbyPkGenerator.pkFromDatabase(DerbyPkGenerator.java:91)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.dba.JdbcPkGenerator.generatePkForDbEntity(JdbcPkGenerator.java:326)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainInsertBucket.createPermIdsForObjEntity(DataDomainInsertBucket.java:194)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainInsertBucket.appendQueriesInternal(DataDomainInsertBucket.java:122)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainSyncBucket.appendQueries(DataDomainSyncBucket.java:108)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.preprocess(DataDomainFlushAction.java:211)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.flush(DataDomainFlushAction.java:167)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSyncFlush(DataDomain.java:830)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain$2.transform(DataDomain.java:801)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.runInTransaction(DataDomain.java:856)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSync(DataDomain.java:798)
    at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.flushToParent(DataContext.java:1261)
    ... 2 more

---------------------------------

Re: AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Posted by Pogs <bl...@yahoo.com>.
Please advice on how am I able to see the entire database. Just have to start with the basics then I'll switch with MySql after I finish my test project.

Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote: After you have executed the sql, did you verify that the database
actually contains these tables?

The sql you posted looks fine.

---------------------------------
Need Mail bonding?

Re: AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 17/02/2007, at 1:17 AM, Pogs wrote:

> Please advice on how am I able to see the entire database.

For Derby, one of the best tools to examine the structure and data
we've found is Squirrel. It has JDBC adaptors for just about
everything. I think you'll find it on Sourceforge somewhere.

Ari

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Posted by Pogs <bl...@yahoo.com>.

On 2/16/07, Pogs  wrote:
> [...]
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.flush(DataDomainFlushAction.java:167)
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSyncFlush(DataDomain.java:830)
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain$2.transform(DataDomain.java:801)
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.runInTransaction(DataDomain.java:856)
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSync(DataDomain.java:798)
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.flushToParent(DataContext.java:1261)
> > >     ... 2 more
> > >

> > > ---------------------------------
> > > Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels
> > > in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit.
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Be a PS3 game guru.
> > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.

---------------------------------
It's here! Your new message!

Re: AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Posted by Pogs <bl...@yahoo.com>.
Yes. It is also being created on the same schema. The modeler generated it automatically.

Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote: I'm not sure if this is relevent in derby, but is your auto_pk_table
being created in the same schema as your other tables?   I know that
this can be an issue with schemas in recent versions of hsqldb.

On 2/16/07, Michael Gentry  wrote:
> [...]
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.flush(DataDomainFlushAction.java:167)
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSyncFlush(DataDomain.java:830)
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain$2.transform(DataDomain.java:801)
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.runInTransaction(DataDomain.java:856)
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSync(DataDomain.java:798)
> > >     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.flushToParent(DataContext.java:1261)
> > >     ... 2 more
> > >

> > > ---------------------------------
> > > Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels
> > > in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit.
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Be a PS3 game guru.
> > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time

Re: AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Posted by Pogs <bl...@yahoo.com>.

Re: AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Posted by Pogs <bl...@yahoo.com>.

On 2/15/07, Pogs  wrote:
> [...]
>     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainInsertBucket.appendQueriesInternal(DataDomainInsertBucket.java:122)
>     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainSyncBucket.appendQueries(DataDomainSyncBucket.java:108)
>     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.preprocess(DataDomainFlushAction.java:211)
>     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.flush(DataDomainFlushAction.java:167)
>     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSyncFlush(DataDomain.java:830)
>     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain$2.transform(DataDomain.java:801)
>     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.runInTransaction(DataDomain.java:856)
>     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSync(DataDomain.java:798)
>     at org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.flushToParent(DataContext.java:1261)

Be a PS3 game guru.

Re: AUTO_PK_SUPPORT Error

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.