Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leonard Gestrin <Le...@markettools.com> on 2006/11/04 01:05:43 UTC

partial answer to first part: RE: selecting active profiles and maven-help-plugin does not work as expected/configuring plugin-repository cauze plugin to be not executed?

Apparently, 1.4.6 version of jspc-maven-plugin is invoked for goals that
after "compile" (like install)
And 1.4.5 version of jspc-maven-plugin is invoked for "compile" also.

It's defined like this in pom.xml

<plugin>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
            <artifactId>jspc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
           <!--<version>1.4.5</version>-->
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <id>jspc</id>
                <goals>
                  <goal>compile</goal>
                </goals>
              </execution>
            </executions>
            <!--
						<configuration>

<warSourceDirectory>${basedir}/target/webapp-panel</warSourceDirectory>
						</configuration>
						-->
          </plugin>

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I actually use the "test" or "package" phases myself by default when
I'm working on webapps, not "compile", so I haven't noticed this
myself.

You could dig into the jspc-maven-plugin to find out what phase(s) the
plugin is configured to run in by default. And of course you can tell
the plugin to execute in a particular phase (in addition to its
default) in your own pom.

Perhaps you could start using a phase other than compile when you run
mvn and you want to have your JSPs compiled?