Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/06 18:30:57 UTC

Security in Kafka

In 0.9 release it's not clear if Security features of LDAP authentication
and authorization are available? If authN and authZ are available can
somebody point me to relevant documentation that shows how to configure
Kafka to enable authN and authZ?

Re: Security in Kafka

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Mohit,

In 0.9, Kafka supports Kerberos. So, you can authenticate with any
directory service that supports Kerberos (e.g., Active Directory). Our
default authorization is based on individual users, not on groups though.

You can find more a bit more info on security in the following links.

http://kafka.apache.org/090/documentation.html#security_sasl
http://docs.confluent.io/2.0.0/kafka/sasl.html

Thanks,

Jun