Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/18 20:01:35 UTC

Re: Improvement request to felix OBR

Replying to dev@ instead.

Speaking for myself, I don't think it should be a problem to include
such an improvement.
Given it's not incompatible, i'm all for it.  If there is any problem
in changing the org.osgi.service.obr package, we can always define our
own extended api for that, but given this package isn't really
standardized, i'd simply go ahead and rev it up.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 19:31, Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a committer on the apache aries podling and I have been involved
> in creating an application resolver that makes use of OBR to resolve
> dependencies. In our model we resolve applications against configure
> OBR repositories, and against a private repository that exists just
> for that application.
>
> From what I can tell when you add a repository to RepositoryAdmin it
> has a global effect which means that any other calls to resolve will
> use the repository. This means my private repository isn't necessarily
> private. I currently remove it again after resolving and synchronise
> so I only resolve one application at a time, but any other
> RepositoryAdmin client will be exposed to my externals.
>
> I was wondering if it would be possible for the Resolver interface to
> have an addRepository method so I could add a repository that is only
> used by that Resolver instance and isn't global.
>
> Thoughts?
> Alasdair
>
> --
> Alasdair Nottingham