Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Layne Meier <lm...@ajc.com> on 2002/04/02 18:24:39 UTC

Need help with password

I have a situation where I've created a couple of directories within my
htdocs directory and configured them within the httpd.conf file to
require a login to access them.

I created the user access file (htpasswd) and restarted the binary.

For some strange reason, the system prompts our users to enter the login
name and password twice.  Any help?

I'm including from my httpd.conf file where I'm defining one of those
directories.

Thank you,
Layne Meier

         <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.43>
         ServerName mydomain.com
         ServerAlias www.mydomain.com
         DocumentRoot /export/home/NewsTech/htdocs
         ErrorLog /export/home/NewsTech/logs/error_log
         CustomLog /export/home/NewsTech/logs/access_log combined

	<Directory /export/home/NewsTech/htdocs/ntechweb>
         AllowOverride AuthConfig
         AuthType Basic
         AuthName "ntechweb"
         AuthUserFile /export/home/NewsTech/access/ntechusers
         <Limit GET POST>
         require valid-user
         </Limit>
         require user ntechweb