Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rohit Gupta <ro...@in-rev.com> on 2011/07/15 14:11:50 UTC

Need Suggestion

I am facing some performance issues on my Solr Installation (3core server). I am
indexing live twitter data based on certain keywords, as you can imagine, the
rate at which documents are received is very high and so the updates to the core
is very high and regular. Given below are the document size on my three core.

Twitter  - 26874747
Core2    -  3027800
Core3    -  6074253

My Server configuration has 8GB RAM, but now we are experiencing server
performance drop. What can be done to improve this?  Also, I have a few
questions.

	1. Does the number of commit takes high memory? Will reducing the number of
commits per hour help?
	2. Most of my queries are field or date faceting based? how to improve those?

Regards,
Rohit