Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by ๏̯͡๏ <ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ>, de...@gmail.com on 2015/08/09 19:23:24 UTC

Zeppelin Hive Example Notebook.

Could someone please share a example notebook that describes
2) Run Hive queries.

--
Deepak

Re: Zeppelin Hive Example Notebook.

Posted by ๏̯͡๏ <ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ>, de...@gmail.com.
I am unable to write Hive statements to load data into Hive table from HDFS.

In HDFS i have 5 files in gz format. When uncompressed its in CSV format.
Is it possible to load the HDFS compressed file into Hive tables . I tried
multiple versions and could not get it working.

drop table guidsess
select * from guidsess
CREATE TABLE guidsess(guid String, sessionKey String, sessionStartDate
String, siteId String, eventCount String, browser String, browserVersion
String, operatingSystem String, experimentChannel String, deviceName
String)   ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' LINES TERMINATED BY
'\n'
LOAD DATA INPATH '/user/zeppelin/guidsess/2015/08/05/part-m-00001.gz' INTO
TABLE guidsess
select * from guidsess;

Please suggest ?

Also i was not able to run multiple hive statements in on paragraph. Each
time i had to copy and replace one line (statement) at a time.  With ; at
end of each line, i get syntax error. Please suggest.

My Hive installation is correct, i can see show functions, show tables.

Posted by "김영우 (Youngwoo Kim)" <wa...@gmail.com>.