Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Robert Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com> on 2012/03/22 20:00:05 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache Jena as a TLP

The Apache PMC is proposing that the Apache Jena project having migrated successfully to the Apache process as an Incubator Project is now ready to graduate and become a Apache Top Level Project (TLP).  This is in line with the recommendation of the Incubator PMC that Jena is ready to graduate and should proceed with this ASAP

The primary benefits of Jena's graduation to a TLP for the community are as follows:

  *   Faster releases - The Jena PMC will be solely responsible for releases and ensuring these comply with Apache process, this places more burden on us but speeds up the process as the only vote required is the community vote (currently we require a community vote and a incubator PMC vote)
  *   More self governance
  *   More visibility as an officially blessed Apache TLP

Please vote for Jena to proceed with graduation as an Apache TLP

[] +1 Approve Jena proceeding to graduate as an Apache TLP
[] 0   Dont' care
[] -1  Jena should not graduate, because …

This vote will open to the end of

Sun 26/March 23:59 UTC
(72 Hours from the same hour tonight).

Rob

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Jena as a TLP

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Dave

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Robert Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com> wrote:
> Please vote for Jena to proceed with graduation as an Apache TLP

For the record, in case it wasn't obvious yet, +1 (mentor)

cheerio,

Leo

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Jena as a TLP

Posted by Stephen Allen <sa...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Robert Vesse wrote:
> The Apache PMC is proposing that the Apache Jena project having migrated successfully to the Apache process as an Incubator Project is now ready to graduate and become a Apache Top Level Project (TLP).  This is in line with the recommendation of the Incubator PMC that Jena is ready to graduate and should proceed with this ASAP
>
> The primary benefits of Jena's graduation to a TLP for the community are as follows:
>
>   *   Faster releases - The Jena PMC will be solely responsible for releases and ensuring these comply with Apache process, this places more burden on us but speeds up the process as the only vote required is the community vote (currently we require a community vote and a incubator PMC vote)

I'd like to see faster releases.

The fact that the Jena PMC is the solely responsible for releases do not automatically guarantee that.
It helps, but it is not sufficient for faster releases to happen.

Thanks Rob for calling the vote.

Paolo

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
+1

	Andy

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Damian Steer wrote:
>> Sun 26/March 23:59 UTC
>> (72 Hours from the same hour tonight).
>
> Sunday is the 25th, but I snuck in either way.

Mea culpa which propagated via cut & paste. :-)

Paolo

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Jena as a TLP

Posted by Damian Steer <d....@bristol.ac.uk>.
On 22 Mar 2012, at 19:00, Robert Vesse wrote:

> Please vote for Jena to proceed with graduation as an Apache TLP
>
> [] +1 Approve Jena proceeding to graduate as an Apache TLP
> [] 0   Dont' care
> [] -1  Jena should not graduate, because …

+1

> This vote will open to the end of
>
> Sun 26/March 23:59 UTC
> (72 Hours from the same hour tonight).

Sunday is the 25th, but I snuck in either way.

Damian

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Jena as a TLP

Posted by Ian Dickinson <ia...@epimorphics.com>.
On 22/03/12 19:00, Robert Vesse wrote:
> The Apache PMC is proposing that the Apache Jena project having migrated successfully to the Apache process as an Incubator Project is now ready to graduate and become a Apache Top Level Project (TLP).  This is in line with the recommendation of the Incubator PMC that Jena is ready to graduate and should proceed with this ASAP
>
> The primary benefits of Jena's graduation to a TLP for the community are as follows:
>
>    *   Faster releases - The Jena PMC will be solely responsible for releases and ensuring these comply with Apache process, this places more burden on us but speeds up the process as the only vote required is the community vote (currently we require a community vote and a incubator PMC vote)
>    *   More self governance
>    *   More visibility as an officially blessed Apache TLP
>
> Please vote for Jena to proceed with graduation as an Apache TLP
>
> [] +1 Approve Jena proceeding to graduate as an Apache TLP
> [] 0   Dont' care
> [] -1  Jena should not graduate, because …
+1

Ian

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Jena as a TLP

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (mentor)

Posted by Robert Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com>.
+1