Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2015/06/14 03:43:34 UTC

JDK8 for master

Hey Folks,

I know we've talked before about going Java 8 for master[1], but it's been
on my mind again lately[2].

I'm in the process of updating the postcommit builds for master to be a
matrix build to do java 7 and java 8, like the ones for 1.2's branch. But
it occurs to me that we could just make the jump now and then I could make
that build a normal jdk8 only job.

thoughts?

[1]:
http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/JDK7-Language-Features-td4071169.html